We are in a mean drought right now and I’ve put my dyeing on hold. I’m continuing to pick my Cota Navajo Tea and dry it. After a heavy dew I am gathering lichen and will soak it in ammonia to pull the color. I do have the Japanese Indigo leaves coming in and will run one more dyepot with the leaves that will provide me with a blue. It is a use it or lose it with the indigo and I’ve already invested water into those plants. But other than drying lichen and cota and gathering acorns, lichen and oak galls , the dyepot is on hold.
The rain water cistern is down to half full. We’ve switched over to the well and watching the tropics for rain! The Texas Hill Country needs a tropical storm or baby hurricane to help lift water tables and refill lakes. For now, the dyepots are quiet until the thunder booms. THINK RAIN!